Getting IATF 16949 Certified in Cambridge, Massachusetts (MA)
Are you worried about increasing competition in the automotive sector? Well, getting IATF 16949 in Cambridge, Massachusetts (MA) can help. This certification manages the quality and thereby increasing the growth of your business. Now the point is how to get certified? If your organization does not have the means, you can surely consult IQC The ISO Pros.
This article deals with the details of IATF 16949 and how you can be benefited from it. If you’re interested, let’s dive right in.
What is IATF 16949 certification?
For the automotive sector, ISO has set specific requirements for managing the system’s quality (QMS).
Initially, there were different certifications with different values in the parts of the world. To harmonize these certifications and have a common ground across the globe, IATF 16949 was established back in 1999. This step brought about different assessment steps to a common platform.
The main focus of IATF 16949 lies in the area of continuous improvement and defect prevention. IATF cannot be implemented solely as a stand-alone document. It must be supplemented with ISO 9001. This is since IATF 16949 requirements and structure is aligned with ISO 9001.
What is IATF 16949 certification based on?
QMS based on IATF 16949 is based on:
- A method of how the company should work to meet the requirements of the customers and the stakeholders.
- It emphasizes the prevention of defects so that a considerable sum of money can be saved.
- There should be proper documentation of the policies and objectives.
It includes specific requirements for the automotive industry and the core tools such as:
- Advanced product quality planning (APQP)
- Failure mode and effect analysis (FMEA)
- Statistical process control (SPC)
- Measurement system analysis (MSA)
- Production part approval process (PPAP)
Who all can implement IATF 16949?
IATF 16949 defines criteria for implementing a quality management system for automotive-based industries that have the goal of being 3rd party registered.
- It can be used by any supplier, either big or small. The implementation should be done throughout the supply chain.
- Requirements are generic with the intention of applying to suppliers that provide the design and development related to the production, assembly, installation, and services of the automotive industry.
- The IATF 16949 certification is applicable for sites of the organization where customer-specific products are manufactured.
Why implementing IATF 16949 is a boon for your business?
Here is what IATF 16949 can do for you: –
- Increase in customer loyalty and customer wishes to do more business.
- Identification of risks involved and their removal
- Expansion to new markets with huge profits.
- Demonstrate the ability to provide goods of high standards.
About IQC The ISO Pros
Our firm does not issue this certification. But we are there to assist you through every step of the process. We have new techniques to work which benefit by saving time you time as well as money. We have been in this field for a long time. You can surely trust us with the process. Contact now for details and information!
IQC The ISO Pros can help you implement, train on, consult, and have your company and/or organization certified on the following ISO Certifications: